Monday, April 20, 2009

Peanut Allergy Support Group

Tonight I went to my very first Peanut Allergy Support Group meeting. It was so nice to meet other moms in the area that have the same concerns and hurdles that come with this life long - life threatening allergy. I am looking forward to learning all the ways I can make Matthew's childhood as normal as possible, while keeping him safe. I am also a "knowledge is power" kind of gal, so when I can get together with others that have already researched this allergy, it saves me time that I could spend playing with my cute lil' peanut!! (Pun intended :-)

I follow this wonderful blog www.peanutallergykid.com that has really helped me get a handle on things. It was the writer of this blog that leads this support group! What a lifeline!! Thanks Robyn if you are reading this!! You are my peanut angel!!

Anyhow, there is a 5 minute video I have a link to, that explains all about making life safe for a kid with a peanut allergy. Since everyone reading this blog has an interest in Matthew's safety and well-being, I thought I might post it here for you to watch. www.thenuttyvideo.com

Take care, and thanks for loving us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm reading this!! Thanks!! I got a ton of joy knowing how much the blog has helped you. Helping others is like therapy for me. At least our family's struggle with PA can benefit somebody!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up soon and seeing Kyle Dine!!