While we were at family camp this weekend, Matthew was attacked by an angry yellow jacket wasp. With his peanut allergy, I have always been a bit nervous when bee's flew around him, since they also cause severe reactions in those that are allergic. It was our first morning at camp, and Matthew walked outside along the driveway in front of our cabin. Within moments he was screaming and swatting in the air. At first I thought it was just a mosquito that buzzed by, but when I got up closer, I saw that his earlobe was bleeding!! That nasty bug stung my baby twice in 2 seconds!! His poor ear turned tomato red and blew up to three times it's normal size. No ER trip though, and no trouble breathing, so for now...anxiety subsides a bit. Thank you Jesus for your protection!!
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Oh, I'm so sorry!! Poor Matthew. Thank goodness you have Epi's but did not need them. I have a lot of yellow jacket stories from this weekend, too. No one got stung but we had a huge nest in our chimney and had nearly 50 in the house yesterday!!
1 comment:
Oh, I'm so sorry!! Poor Matthew. Thank goodness you have Epi's but did not need them. I have a lot of yellow jacket stories from this weekend, too. No one got stung but we had a huge nest in our chimney and had nearly 50 in the house yesterday!!
This is not something we need to have in common!!
Post a Comment