Monday, February 11, 2008

Blessings

I think...Sometimes God gives us circumstances beyond our control, so that we can grow in faith and become stronger...maybe open our eyes a bit. This past weekend, Greg and I walked through one of those faith testing experiences. What we found in the middle of our loss was this amazing peace, the kind of peace that makes no sense in light of everything going on around you!! At first I thought maybe the peace came from going through this kind of loss before, but I'm not so sure that is the truth. I guess what I want to say is that something that has rocked our faith and brought great sadness, anger and confusion in the past, has now brought clarity, peace and a joy for all the blessings we already have in our lives.

I guess it's through the hard times that you are able to see a clear reflection of who you are, and you realize who you have to lean on. We were absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of loving friends and family that came to stand beside us. We are even more overwhelmed by the great thing we (Greg, Michelle, Matthew and Sierra) have as a family. I cherish both Greg and Matthew even more after going through this storm. Even Sierra was there by my side all weekend!! Today I am thanking God for all of you!! Know that you are all so loved, and that it meant so much that when we needed you, you were there.

No comments: