Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Prayers Answered

Nathan is back home and doing well. I received this email from Keith earlier today, and he asked that I share it with all who were praying. Thank you all!!

Well after 2 days at the hospital waiting on tests they finally got the EEG done and it showed nothing because he was already on the seizure medication. Thats why they were supposed to do it the day before, but any rate the MRI never happened. We will have to go back for the MRI but they started him on a medication called Keppra which is a pretty good seizure medication. The major side affects would be hyperactivity and behavioral problems such as anger. Ok so they just defined every 3 year old boy with a little brother that I've ever seen. So all in all God is good and my son doesn't have any signs of brain damage. He will be on the medication for 2 years. Thanks everyone for praying and thinking of us it was a real blessing to know that within minutes of making a few calls that the plea was answered by so many of you that i am overwhelmed with gratefulness. As I was driving to the hospital on Monday when we had called 911, Debbie was in the ambulance with Nathan. Once again I felt like God was asking me if I trusted him with Nathans life. The scary part of God is that the answer to prayer isn't always yes and isn't always complete healing. So through tears of anguish I let God have Nathan once again and asked that his will be done. And that all of the decisions would be clear for us at the hospital. Dependence and Faith are not easy especially when it involves your children. But God is good and all answers came without us having to make a decision. The cat scans came back normal as did all the other tests so the MRI is merely a formality for them to make sure that there is nothing that was missed in the Cat scan. Nathan has periodically thrown up in his sleep over the last year and a half. We were concerned that he might have been having partial seizures in his sleep. Debbie had been praying for guidance on this matter at the very time that Nathan had the seizure. Answer to prayer? Like I said before Gods answers aren't always yes and are not always complete healing. They put him on the medication without us having to make the decision Guidance? So I stand by the fact that God is good and faithful and he gets the job done one way or another. Thank you guys so much for praying for us we love all of you.
P.S. Withing five minutes of getting calls from three to four people that started my prayer chains Nathan started getting movement on his left side in the ambulance on the way down to the hospital. Thank you for the prayers I was reading in James 5: 14-15 Ara any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. Thanks for the Faith and prayers
Keith Valentine

No comments: